Friday, April 14, 2017

Sweet Victory


This post has been close to two years in the making. I started this sweater back in the Spring of 2015. {You can see just a snippet of it in this blog post  when I settled on this sweet pastel color sceme.} For one reason or the other it got put on the back burner & then eventually practically forgotten until a friend on Instagram tagged me in a post in early January this year asking if I had any ufos {unfinished objects} to share. So I dug into the deepest recesses of my closet & found a bag containing the completed back & partial front of this poor sweater. Suitably ashamed of myself I ended up finishing it in February & was waiting for a good opportunity to get some pics taken in it. 



Then just the other day my friend Kat asked me if I'd be willing to play model for her while she practiced taking some "senior picture" style pics to prepare for an upcoming photo shoot she's doing. I said sure & told her how I'd been thinking of asking her if she'd be interested in taking pics for my blog. Perfect timing, right? 


So, I grabbed a few of my recent makes & we drove hither & yon taking pics by a vintage truck, in a bakery {1st changing in their bathroom, bless them}, by some silos, & then finally on the way home we found what we had been searching for the entire time - a beautiful magnolia tree, all in bloom, with the sun just so, & in the yard of a {sadly} abandoned farmhouse.





I decided to style it modern rather than trying to recreate a more authentic 1940s look. The scalloped edge of these shortalls were perfect for my kitschy country girl look.


Paired perfectly with my just-peachy peach jellies. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘


{Whenever I attempted a serious senior photo-y face it would always end in laughter. Sorry Kat. πŸ˜‚}



I'll share pics of the other makes in future posts, but I wanted to showcase my sweet Victory Jumper 1st since it had waited so patiently to make its debut. It's a 1940s WW2 Era British pattern {hence the name, obvs} & intended to be made in red, white, & blue, but I couldn't help but play with the color scheme & go for pastels. 《I used Knit Picks Comfy Fingering in Flamingo{2}, Seafoam{2}, & White{1} and sizes 2 & 3 straight knitting needles.》


We had *such* a great time I can't wait to do it again sometime. I'll have to whip something up real quick-like so we can! πŸ˜„ 

Love,
Michelle πŸ“ 

3 comments:

  1. Terrific job Michelle! Your new sweater is lovely! The colors you choose look perfect together. All of the photos were beautiful too! My little girl saw your pictures and thought you were her Aunt Rachel, my younger sister. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Michelle, what a darling sweater! Oh, I just LOVE the colors :) And you look simply delightful.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know she did photography! A good job too! I'm dying over pictures 1 and 8 here! Absolutely dying! Love them!

    ReplyDelete