Friday, June 30, 2017

Gone too soon June.

Well, this month just zipped on by!
'Twas a busy month...
All in all a good month.


Made some new cushion designs.



Sewed a strawberry dress with Astrid  {the aqua sewing machine} for...




The vintage sale at which my friend Lily {Mode de Lis} & I shared a booth!


It was so much fun & such a great experience! I would definitely do it again.


Did a bit of thrifting with Momma & found some fun strawberry themed items. πŸ“πŸ˜„


My grandpa had a surgery & a few of us took turns staying overnight there to take care of him & grandma. There's nothing like being away from home to make you appreciate your little dwelling on this earth more. As Miss Read said in Village Diary: 

"With all the windows in the house opened, I sat down with my tea tray and thought how lovely it was to be back. I feel like a sword in a scabbard, I told myself, and instantly decided that a sword was much too dashing. Perhaps a cup, hanging again on its accustomed hook on the kitchen dresser, would be a better simile."


Some happy mail came all the way from England! I ordered a backpack for an upcoming trip out West to Seattle for a wedding in August! Somehow a meter of London print duck cloth found its way into my online shopping bag as well. πŸ˜‰


The 1st Friday of Summer meant the local Old Settlers carnival! Homemade ice cream from a retro looking food truck was a must. I call this one the pb&j: peanut butter ice cream on the bottom & strawberry on the top. πŸ¦πŸ˜‹


Oh, how I love the view from the top of the ferris wheel. 


The brick streets in our little town's square are so charming. 


I love how retro some of the rides are.


I've been working away on two major custom orders. These daisy grannies are for a queen sized bedspread. I'm beginning to see them when I close my eyes. I've never made a blankie this big before. {Good thing I love making these, right?}


And also I'm copying a beloved lacy shrug for a lovely gal I met at the vintage sale! This is the first time I've copied a garment & it's coming along nicely. Lots of counting & recounting stitches & scribbling down notes. I'm rather enjoying the almost magical way simple stitches become something beautiful.

πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

How has your June been?
Do you have any big plans for the Summer?

Hope you're enjoying the long days!
Love,
Michelle πŸ“ 

{Ps cushions are available for custom order. $35 + shipping 
And the watermelon version is currently listed in my Etsy shop & ready to ship!}

5 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    It looks like you have had a full and fun June! Your tent at the craft sale was lovely!The daisy granny squares are absolutely delightful, but a queen size blanket is quite the project. I'm afraid that would take me years. : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize how busy June was until I read this! It was a wonderful month! I look forward to what the Lord has in store for you in July. I'm sure it will be 'toil mixed with peace and rest'. Blessings to you ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michelle ~

    This is Brittany from SomeLittleGood on Instagram. My mom, sister and I have actually been long time readers of your sweet blog(s) and we always enjoy your posts. I just wanted to pop over and say hi!

    What a busy month June has been - I can't believe it's already over! Also, I look forward to seeing how your crochet shrug turns out! I've never tried to replicate a crochet/knitted item without a pattern but it seems like a lot of fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy I found you on Instagram and now your blog! I never heard anyone say "as Miss Read says". I have adored her books and reread them dreaming of living in a small cottage in a small village in England with so much greeness outside and profusions of flowers and coming home on a cold rainy day to have toast egg and tea for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that doily with the red rose. It's so lovely. And the daisy granny is so charming. Daisies remind me of my mom. I can't believe you're going to make them into a bedspread. You're so creative with lots of great ideas.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete