Friday, July 28, 2017

Happy 151st Birthday, Beatrix!


Last year on Beatrix Potter's 150th birthday we had an impromptu painting party. It was so much fun that I decided to actually plan one this year! It was so much fun. I think my six wee leetle rabbits enjoyed it very much! I know I did. 










I found a few fun ideas on Pinterest. The little cabbages are oreo truffles in ruffled circles of tissue paper. So easy but so cute! The garden boxes are made from wafer cookies & frosting.


I asked the kids to wear an outfit inspired by their favorite Beatrix Potter character. 



Joel is Tom Kitten


Annelise is Moffat
{Tom's sister}


Jack is Tommy Brock the Badger
{Note his badger shoes}


James is Mr. Tod the Fox


Abbey is Cottontail
 one of Peter's sisters 


Wes is a foxy-whiskered-gentleman too
{And at the age where he gets easily embarrassed by Auntie.}

Oh, & I was Beatrix herself,  of course.


Painting!



It really was a wonderful party! I'm so glad it worked out. I think we'll do it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! That's all there is to it! What a lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job, Michelle! Everything looked beautiful.I am sure your nieces and nephews had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tea party. How fun that the kids dressed up as the characters of Beatrix Potter. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete