Sunday, July 30, 2017

Timmy Willie's GF Country Berry Scones


My sister Beth is one of the many people that benefits greatly from a Gluten Free diet so I had to be sure to have something yummy at the Beatrix Potter party for her to enjoy. I decided on scones since it was a tea party & I'd been wanting to try my hand at GF scones for a while now. We all loved them, even the gluten eaters, so I'd like to share my recipe with you. 

From Beatrix Potter's "The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse"


 1 {16oz} box of GF baking mix 
{I used Aldi's pancakes kind.}

1/4c. Sugar

1/2c. Butter {chilled}

1 {3.5oz} pkg. Dried Blueberries 

1c. Fresh Strawberries  
{cut into bite sized pieces}

3/4c. Milk

3 Eggs

1/2tsp. Vanilla Extract 

🍓🍓🍓

Mix together baking mix & sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender. Add berries & toss until evenly distributed & strawberries are coated. Mix milk, eggs. & vanilla in a separate bowl very well. Now add this to the flour & berry mixture. Stir with a rubber spatula until well incorporated. Drop by rounded 1/2 cupsful onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° F for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown & baked through. This makes about 8 large scones. You could also make them smaller & adjust cooking times accordingly. 

From Beatrix Potter's "The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse"

Perhaps you could serve them the next time a friend from the town comes to visit?

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The scones looks so scrumptious. The first time I had scones was at a friend's house just this year, and she drizzled a little icing on top. She likes scones because there is less sugar than cookies. The tales of Beatrix Potter are delightful, aren't they?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I was browsing through your Instagram. Your photos are wonderful, so cheerful and positive. I'm not Instagram yet, my little blog is all I can handle right now. You are such a beautiful person who loves the Lord. And by the way, I am the baby of the family too (youngest child of five). ; ) Take care, sweet one. ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete