Sunday, October 29, 2017

Just Ducky!


When I first saw this cardi in the Mini Boden catalog I was smitten! When I got online "just to look at it" I saw that it said low stock in my size & every other color was already sold out I pounced! It was a bit of a splurge for me but I had a percent off discount & free shipping & returns so I thought it was as good a deal as could be expected. {A few days later I checked back online & they had all sold out! Glad I jumped when I did!}

I think it's been a good investment though. It's so snuggly & cozy. I've worn it quite a lot already. Yes, I could've made one much like it myself but sometimes it's nice to not have to. 😊 

Naturally I needed a duck dress to go with it!


I hunted on eBay & Etsy for good fabrics. I found this vintage duck print cotton on eBay. 


Of course I had to accessorize while I was at it. πŸ˜‰ So I scored these cute mallard earrings on eBay too!


I used vintage McCall's 7741.
I made the A-line version. 


I had a trusty vintage metal zipper in the stash that coordinated perfectly! 


Funnily enough the new dress had its debut on the first day of duck season! πŸ™ˆπŸ˜†

Keep making!
πŸ’• Michelle πŸ“ 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these ducky earrings are delightful.....and you have a dress to go with it. Very cute.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete