Friday, January 13, 2017

Rainbow Ripple

Mmm...
That sounds kinda like a yummy ice cream flavor!πŸ˜‰
Here is my latest crocheted creation.
I started it on December 17th after I had finished my crocheted Christmas gifts.
Originally it was supposed to be Christmas colors {you can see the red & green right next to each other} but I didn't finish it in time for Christmas.
One reason being I ended up making it way bigger than originally intended.
I meant for it just to be a throw sized afghan, but I accidentally made it big enough for a twin bed.
Since it took a while to make I went through my normal artistic stages of:
1. loving it

2. getting irritated that it's taking so long

3. hating it

4. questioning my color-putting-together capabilities & wanting to burn it

5. talking myself out of anything rash
{considering how much work I already had into it}

6. liking it again

7. loving it & being sorry that I was ever so mean to it.

 Ah, well. I don't think it looks strictly Christmas anyway.
It looks rather Cath Kidston-esque to me.


The colors are so cheery I like seeing them on my bed.
{Yes, that is my bed. I know I'm the world's oldest child.}
I'm actually planning on redecorating my bedroom in the near future & I have a beautiful full sized wrought iron bedframe that I will be using which will make this twin sized bedspread obsolete. I'm sure I can find a nice home for it when the time comes though.


I used my new comfy ergonomic crochet hook for the most part & I love it! I can crochet for much longer lengths of time now. My hands used to get so sore & tired after crocheting for a long time. {Ok, so now I sound like an old person. That makes up for my juvenile dΓ©cor, right?} ;)

Here's the deets:
πŸ“
Pattern :
 πŸ“
Yarn:
Caron One Pound in 
white{2lbs}
 scarlet{7oz}
lime green {7oz but I can't remember the actual color name of this one, sorry!}
 & robin's egg{7oz}
and 
Red Heart Super Saver in 
Baby Pink & Bright Yellow{7oz each}
πŸ“
Hook Size: J
πŸ“

{hugs}
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. You had me scared there, just for a moment. I thought you were leaving us. Glad you didn't and I love the look of the newby. Your creation looks bright and lovely. Anyone would be encouraged by the colors you chose. One appreciates these things especially when the days of winter are so gray and bleak. Crocheting causes my fingers to get stiff too. Oh, wait. I think it's age and crocheting. I may have to get one of those nice crochet hooks too. Remember the boot socks you crocheted for Angela? I used the leftover yarn to make her a neck warming scarf for Christmas to match. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I'm here to stay, Debbie! Just needed a fresh start. 😊 Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm glad you gals found a good use for that leftover yarn! πŸ’Ÿ

      Delete
  2. Love the new bedspread! So cheerful! ♡♡♡ I really love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Can't wait to see your room redo! I do love a good makeover! (Glad I can watch Fixer Upper online since we don't have cable.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good makeover too! I love that show! That gal is a genious! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this gorgeous new creation of yours, Michelle! Oh my, I am so in love...what beautiful colours and a stunning pattern! I definitely need to learn crochet now...your handiwork has inspired me!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly-Anne! You totally should learn to crochet! You'll never regret it. {Well, only when you're scratching your head as to where to store all of your yarn stash, which you are sure to accumulate.}

      Delete