Monday, May 1, 2017

My aqua obsession


I'm sure everyone has that amazing vintage truck or car that they're in love with. You know that one that sits parked permanently somewhere & you practically give yourself a strained neck ogling it every time you drive past in your lame, non-vintage, but sensible vehicle. {Or is that just me?}




Well, this awesome aqua truck is my dreamboat! While my {brave} friend Kat & I were galavanting around with her camera I mentioned my obession with love for the fabulous Ford. She screeched to a halt when I pointed it out & pulled in. She & I marched up to the open shop door of the assumed owner. {Though I may have been sheepishly trailing a step or two behind her being of a more shy nature.πŸ˜†} We asked permission to take pics by the vintage vehicle {slightly shouting to make up for the fact that they were wearing earplugs for their work} & they had no problem with it. They probably thought we were nuts, but oh well. πŸ˜‰ I've gotten a bit used to that.


My outfit matched just too perfectly!
I made my dress from a vintage sheet which I purchased from The Lavender Housewife. My aqua Hunter wellies were a Christmas gift from Momma & Dad. {Pro tip: If you wear women's size 7 1/2 shoe you can fit into the kids size 5 Hunter wellies!}

Well now, you know you have an obession with a color when you have a sewing machine that color. πŸ˜† I think Astrid rather enjoyed stitching up this frock. πŸ˜‰


Needless to say I was so excited that smiling was not a problem at all for these pics.


The only thing that could've made this experience better was if they had told me to just go ahead & take the truck home with me. πŸ˜‰ Hey, I can dream can't I?!


And dream I do.

This post is the last of my wonderful Kat photos so far. But never fear we have plans. Let's just say they involve my nieces.  *dances like a dork with excitement*

I plan to take part in Me Made May {#mmmay} this lovely month as well so that should provide plenty of fodder for my crafty shenanigans. 

Love,
Michelle πŸ“ 

3 comments:

  1. you're absolutely adorable and loving the pretty dress you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That aqua vintage truck was meant just for you. I have a thing for AQUA too, it's such a cool color. You look so cute in this flowered dress, and how wonderful that you made it! What a talent it is to sew. My mom sewed many of my clothes growing up. Love these pictures, they're great.

    Happy May!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you looks adorable, my friend! And the truck is SO YOU! Maybe someday it will be up for sale :)

    Thanks for sharing such a delightful post with us. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete